Shouldn’t the web be awesome for everyone? That's not always the case, but it could be.
Designed for developers, project managers, and directors alike, the goal of this session is to introduce everyone to the fundamental principals and business related factors of web accessibility. We'll cover the basic standards and regional expectations for accessibility, as well as the principles and concepts that make up the accessibility field. This session will touch on Section 508, WCAG 2.0 standards, and the financial viability of a web accessibility initiative in an industry where time is money.
Based on my experience as a web accessibility specialist from both the perspective of a project manager and a front-end developer, I'll share the knowledge I've gained with you to address the following important questions:
- What is web accessibility?
- Why does web accessibility matter to my users?
- Why does web accessibility matter for my company and clients?
- How will a web accessibility initiative affect my bottom line?
- How can I include web accessibility in my company's culture and work plans?
- What tools can I use to assess and improve accessibility in my projects?
- How can I help the web accessibility community?