Testing is more important than ever. In an Agile development enviroment, testing is essential.
Now you can learn to understand Behat testing as related to Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 -- fast.
Behat Kickstart for Drupal Developers covers the basics of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Behat and then rapidly moves into more advanced concepts that will quickly escalate your grasp of Behat by clearly integrating Behat with your existing Drupal and PHP knowledge. This session gets under the hood of Behat immediately. And tells you what you need to understand, write, organize and share your Behat work professionally as a developer. The Behat Kickstart for Developers session is fast-paced and aimed at intermediate developers in Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 who need to get up to speed with Behat testing now.
- Intro to Drupal/PHP Testing Ecosystem
- State of Testing in Drupal 8
- Intro to BDD
- Intro to Behat
- Mink, Mink Extension, Drupal Extension
- Steps, Scenarios, Scenario Outlines, Background
- Features, Suites, Hooks, Contexts
- Steps: Relationship to Context Methods, what they do, how they work
- TableNode: Pass arrays of data from step to method
- Behat Debugging steps
- Context: Contexts are PHP classes. How to structure, working within, pulling into project
- Behat.yml file: Organize and setup your testing environment
- Behat command prompt parameters